View our list of free or reduced cost resources to help you get started with your food garden.
Spread the Harvest seeks to reduce financial barriers to food gardening by providing Central Texas schools, low-income residents and not-for-profit gardens with free gardening materials, including:
- Vegetable seeds – available year round at SFC
- Transplants and compost – available twice a year during Resource Give-Away Days
- Fish emulsion & liquefied seaweed – available by demand at SFC
- Access to SFC’s book lending library
- Gardening assistance from staff
- Assistance establishing neighborhood gardening clubs