Photo credit: Laura Kennedy
Blackshear Neighborhood Garden is located at 2011 East 9th Street. It was started on January 30th of 2008 when a license agreement was signed with the City of Austin. The garden is the size of an urban city lot. It is divided into a section of shared neighborhood rows and another section containing 14 plots. Our structure is informal and neighborly. If you are interested in gardening at Blackshear email Liz andNathan.
Details for renting a plot:
BLACKSHEAR HAS PLOTS AVAILABLE!!
- Our dues schedule is seasonal: January – June and July – December.
- It is a $40 suggested fee per season, please pay what you are able.
- Fee includes water, use of tools, and access to seed exchange.
- Gardeners with plots are required to put in 8 hours per season of work on community spaces / projects.
- This is an organic space; no chemical herbicides, pesticides, fungicides or synthetic fertilizers allowed.
Garden Work Parties and Garden Dinners:
We try to have quarterly garden dinners for gardeners, neighborhood folks and friends. We love to celebrate our special space with food and friends. Bring a dish or drink to share, your own place setting, and join us for dinner at 6pm. Email Liz and Nathan to be notified of our next event!
Special Thanks: Blackshear has received the support of the Sustainable Food Center, Steps to a Healthier Austin, the Austin Parks Foundation, Bury and Partners, and the Blackshear Prospect Hill Neighborhood Association.
Location: 2011 E. 9th St., 78702
Spanish Contact: Position not yet filled.
Garden Membership: Open to general public.